IAG Stage 4 Closed Deck Subaru EJ25 Short Block
The IAG Stage 4 Tuff Short Block starts with brand new Subaru 2.5L engine case halves. IAG machines the case halves assembled together in our Haas VF-4SS CNC mill to accept the IAG CLOSED Deck Inserts that transform the block into a solid deck. The unique inserts feature small passages that allow needed coolant flow to the deck surface. The case halves are then CNC machined for our new Fire-Lock head gasket solution that is loosely derived from diesel technology where a counterbore step is machined around each cylinder bore allowing specially sized fire rings to drop into the machined area and head gasket bores. The Stage 4 Tuff case is then drilled and tapped to accept 14mm head studs that combined with the IAG Fire-Lock head gasket set greatly reduces head gasket failure during high cylinder pressure scenarios. Next, the short block is Deck Plate bored and honed to 99.75mm in our in-house Sunnen SV-30 the most advanced automotive cylinder hone available. IAG‘s in-house honing process is able to set custom piston to wall clearances to best fit your needs. The modified case halves are then assembled using a new 2017+ Subaru 2.5L nitride treated STI crankshaft that is matched to ACL or King race main bearings. Custom IAG TRI-BEAM +2mm connecting rods by Manley and ARP 625+ rod bolts are utilized along with ACL or King race rod bearings. The case halves are sealed with new OEM main/case bolts and sealant (upgrading to ARP mains requires line honing). Finally, IAG-Spec 99.75mm JE FSR 2618 Forged Pistons with electroless nickel plated tops and ring area as well as upgraded .250" / .906" H13 wrist pins are added to finish the Stage 4 Plus block. IAG‘s custom pistons feature a lightweight design while increasing strength where you need it and are designed to work exclusively with the IAG +2mm Tri-Beam connecting rods. The wrist pin is short and is made from H13 tool steel and the pin piers are profiled to increase pin boss strut. IAG‘s pistons feature a 25% larger oil ring for reduced oil consumption and added gas ports that aid ring sealing in high boost conditions.
Stage 4 Tuff Closed Deck Includes:
- Case Halves - Converted to Closed Deck using brand new Subaru OEM case halves, bored and honed to 99.75mm.
- Fire-Lock - IAG Fire-Lock receiver groove machining, latest solution to prevent head gasket failure on high horsepower and high boost Subaru's - *IAG Fire-Lock head gaskets required
- Head Studs - Machine case to fit 14mm head studs - *Head studs sold separately
- Pistons - IAG-Spec JE FSR 99.75mm 2618 Forged Pistons, Electroless Nickel Plated Tops & Ring area, Ring Set, .250" / .906" H13 Wrist Pins, Clips, (Perfect Skirt Coating and Offset Wrist Pins)
- Connecting Rods - IAG-Spec Tri-Beam +2mm w/ ARP 625+ Rod Bolts.
- Rod / Main Bearings - ACL or King Race bearings.
- Crankshaft - Standard New Subaru Nitride Treated 2017+ STI Crankshaft.
- Case / Main Bolts – Standard FHI Subaru case bolts.